Dette jobopslag er udløbet
Director of NordForsk
The Nordic Council of Ministers is the official body for Nordic intergovernmental co-operation. NordForsk is one of twelve institutions working under the auspices of the Nordic Council of Ministers. Read more at www.norden.org.
NordForsk facilitates and provides funding for Nordic co-operation on research and research infrastructure. NordForsk was established in 2005 with the aim of achieving Nordic added value through research co-operation between the Nordic countries, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland. NordForsk is located in central Oslo and employs 24 people. The Board of NordForsk has representatives from five Nordic research funding bodies, representing five countries, and from the Association of Nordic University Rectors Conferences (NUS). For more information, please visit www.nordforsk.org.
NordForsk is a platform for joint Nordic co-operation on research and research infrastructure co-funding. The institution's role as a facilitator involves maintaining close dialogue with the Nordic research councils and the NUS regarding priorities and possibilities for co-funding and initiatives. NordForsk's objective is to improve the quality, reach, and cost-efficiency of Nordic collaboration on research and research infrastructure.
The Director plays an important role in achieving these and other strategic goals.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Take a leading role in strengthening Nordic research collaboration
- NordForsk's total funding portfolio
- Strategic responsibility for NordForsk achieving its goals within the framework laid down by the Board and by the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Create close and privileged dialogue with the national research funding agencies, thereby achieving consensus on where and how to proceed with regard to joint Nordic priorities within research and research infrastructure
- Represent NordForsk in both Nordic and international fora, subject to the Board's mandate
- Ensure good governance and management, and efficient processes
- Continuously optimise, shape, and develop NordForsk as an organisation
- Report to the Board of NordForsk
Ideally, we are looking for a Director with the following background and skills:
- Research funding - Practical experience of research funding in an international context
- Research - Considerable research experience and knowledge of research systems and funding
- International collaboration - Practical experience of Nordic and international collaboration
- Leadership - Proven leadership skills from knowledge-based organisations
- Relations building - Excellent ability to build relationships and networks and to co-operate with various stakeholders
- Public administration - Practical experience of and the ability to work in a political environment that has close contact with public administration and governmental agencies
- Analytic skills - Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and work with complex systems
- Administrative skills - Proven administrative skills and experience in areas including:
- organisational transformation
- HR, modernisation, processes, and streamlining
- Communication - Strong communication skills and the ability to engage people.
- relevant academic qualifications, preferably at PhD level
- several years of experience from previous managerial positions in research-based or other knowledge-based organisations
- verbal and written command of English and one Scandinavian language (Swedish, Danish or Norwegian)
This is a four-year fixed contract, with the possibility of a four-year renewal. Norwegian income tax applies. Employment requires that the applicant is a citizen of a Nordic country.
Applications are to be submitted no later than 12th of March 2017.
References and certificates will be requested at a later stage. The application and the name of the applicant will be treated anonymously at the request of the applicant.
If you have any questions, please call Visindi, Heidi Wiggen on +47 916 56 103, or Magne Amundsen on +47 916 56 101.